We had a little smaller meeting than usual, but it was still fun and informative!
– Clandestine Brewing is open again! It’s owned by WoW members and is located in San Jose at 980 S.1st Street. Rob and dWiGhT talked about the soft opening.
– Automated electric HLT with the goal of arriving for the brew day with hot water ready
– 1st thing when you start a brewery is have a business plan, 2nd is get investors/$$
– Finding real estate for a brewery in the Bay Area is really tough
– It takes 3x the time and money to open than you think
– Lisa asked them to name 3 things they love about the brewery
– Cool looking
– Great outdoor area
– A lot of people returned to the soft opening after a 2.5 year hiatus
– Love having a glass washer, hate having a million small taster glasses
– Plan to file nonprofit paperwork with IRS in December
– Holiday party December 9 at 6 pm at Clandestine
– Bring your own chair
– Brian to check rules re homebrew at a brewery in California
– Signup sheet to be circulated for bringing food potluck style
– Think about games
– White elephant
– Ugly sweater
– Who can eat the most spent grain
– Feats of strength?
– Slideshow of highlights of year
– Wrapup of year for club
– We did a lot of fun things and experienced good growth
– Planning/calendar can be improved for next year
– NCHF planning can begin; Vegas theme, maybe do Fremont Street lights and “spin the wheel of beer” for people to get beer
– NHC – in Portland this year, at least 6-7 people from the club plan to go
– Can drive up with kegs
– Start thinking of what to brew for it
– Not sure if we want to have a Club Night booth but at a minimum we want to sign up for hospitality suite
– Looking for a volunteer to be in charge of prep
– Bart brought cool cactus beer and quinoa beer from Bolivia. The quinoa beer was like a German hefeweizen!